Preventative Maintenance will maintain your equipment and help prevent future problems while minimizing operating costs.
Our Energy Saving Preventative Maintenance Agreement includes Two Tune-ups (Spring-Summer/Fall-Winter) per year, to ensure peak performance of your system.
As a DCS Preventative Maintenance Member, the first Tune-up includes a free HeatMaxx/CoolMaxx Report with Energy Savings recommendations. All Members shall receive a 10% discount on services and repairs while membership is active.
Schedule your Service today!
Clean evaporator and condenser air conditioning coils. Dirty coils reduce the system's ability to cool your home and cause the system to run longer, increasing energy costs and reducing the life of the equipment.
Check your central air conditioner's refrigerant level and adjust if necessary. Too much or too little refrigerant will make your system less efficient increasing energy costs and reducing the life of the equipment.
Clean and adjust blower components to provide proper system airflow for greater comfort levels. Airflow problems can reduce your system's efficiency by up to 15 percent.
A typical maintenance check-up should include the following:
• Check thermostat settings to ensure the cooling and heating system keeps you comfortable when you are home and saves energy while you are away.
• Tighten all electrical connections and measure voltage and current on motors. Faulty electrical connections can cause unsafe operation of your system and reduce the life of major components.
• Lubricate all moving parts. Parts that lack lubrication cause friction in motors and increases the amount of electricity you use.
• Check and inspect the condensate drain in your central air conditioner, furnace and/or heat pump (when in cooling mode). A plugged drain can cause water damage in the house and affect indoor humidity levels.
• Check controls of the system to ensure proper and safe operation. Check the starting cycle of the equipment to assure the system starts, operates, and shuts off properly.